Tuesday, November 03, 2009


So I have spent the last couple of days writing reports for children I have taught for 6 weeks!!!!!! I actually wrote my own and then had a look at the comments from the previous teacher - just to make sure parents wouldn't think their child had morphed into another being in the space of 6 months!!

I have been teaching this class for 6 weeks now and so far things have been going really well. I can honestly say I like ALL of the kids in my class as individuals - when mixed together it can be a little tough - given the various behaviours and diagnoses! I have had other teachers in the school tell me that I have the most stressful class in the school! For once it is good to have age on my side as I don't look like the "Fresh out of Uni" teacher that I am. The parents of my students don't know this either - no one has lied about my experience - the parents just haven't asked.

I know I am teaching the kids things - but in actual fact they are teaching me many many things and for this I am really grateful!

3 comments:

Alice said...

So good to see that these past six weeks have reinforced your desire to be a teacher......and you will be one of the best. There's no doubt about it.

Jellyhead said...

Ah, you would be the coolest teacher a kid could have!

So glad you are having some fun while working so hard.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying it :)