Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Foody Post

It was Pesto production after I cut a basil plant right back. I made this batch with Cashews and Macadamia nuts......because they were in a mixed packet and I couldn't be bothered separating them!!! Other ingredients - garlic and oil!!!
My husband has far more patience than I do - sometimes!!! Milk, butter and sugar in a pan ....and stir!!!
...keep stirring......more stirring...about 75 minutes!!!!!
Hey presto - Caramel!!! Actually these ones went 'wrong' somewhere and have a bit of a chalky texture which I cannot stand on my teeth!! They taste great - I am just not eating them.

Marcel also cooked some requested by Me dishes!! Veal rolls in the slow cooker  - delicious though next time they wont go in the slow cooker!! And Lime (my favourite) tart!!! He did well.

4 comments:

peppermintpatcher said...

75 minutes! That's dedication...

purplegiraffes said...

Yum to the pesto and the lime tart especially!!

diane said...

The Swiss are pretty good cooks. My Swiss chef cooked spinach and ricotta cannelloni last night.

diane said...

I am going to be called grandma and Bill is going to be Grossvati and baby has been nicknamed Bubeli