Friday, April 29, 2005

Pumpkin


What I think is so amazing about this pumpkin picked from our garden is that it came from seeds my mother-in-law dried from a pumpkin we bought last year. What is also amazing is that Berta took some of the very same seeds back to Switzerland (they don't have such strict quarantine laws!!) with her and they too had gorgeous pumpkins growing in their veggie garden on the other side of the world. So we had some delicious soup and are now drying some of these seeds to plant later this year! It all just seems so simple this veggie growing business!

I do think my method of studying works well. Although I don't know my results I am sure I did well and our presentation went well too. In two weeks I have to do two weeks 'professional experience' at a school. I am so thrilled as I am being sent to a small school on the outskirts of Canberra which has that 'country school' feel. My Dad is a retired teacher and actually taught at that same school about 10 years ago. Until I was 4 he taught at country schools in Victoria and we would live in the teachers residence and although I have only a few memories of then, they are very fond! So perhaps it is fitting that I should be sent to such a school.


Posted by Hello

No comments: