Monday, January 23, 2006

Last week I had a bit if a whinge about the expensive day i had with my girls and vowed to do have a great day doing freebee stuff. We dropped Luca off at Daycare and were getting ready to have a fun day redecorating the cubby house, when a friend rang to invite us to go swimming in the pool of their rental property complex. Now that was fun and her two girls and my two had a lovely time. We then went back to their place for a yummy bbq lunch and the girls all played and we chatted..the girls even stayed there for dinner and I did some jobs at home before picking Luca up. Now that really was a freebee day!!!

Weekend was spent....
**oiling our huge deck!! (me)
**Cleaning out under the house!! (marcel)
**decorating the cubby house!! (kids & me)
**evening at the pool with great live music!! (all 5) Hello Kath
**watching tennis (australian open)
**sunday lunch with all my family here
**two games of hockey in the heat (me and marcel)
**kids cooling off between games under the sprinklers
**very very long wait in the Emergency Dept. to get two stitches on the finger (marcel)

5 comments:

Calidore said...

Have to ask, what did Marcel to do warrant two stitches in his finger? Did he not like your cooking or something...lol
Hope he is feeling better - stitches in fingers are not nice - been there, done that!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun and productive weekend. I'm guessing stitches from sport injury? Like a bash with a hockey stick (OW!!) Hope his finger is healing quickly :)

Jellyhead said...

Your weekend sounds like a great blend of jobs and fun stuff.
Poor Marcel, and I suppose poor you, now! - because he'll have a valid excuse to avoid dishes, heavy lifting etc etc!

(PS I'm thrilled to bits that you have a teen memory of 'Hello'. I don't feel quite so silly now)

kath red said...

hello back

WendyAs said...

Sounds like an accomplished weekend. I guess Marcel was probably glad it finally ended.