Saturday, April 29, 2006

My clever girl!!


After getting a little sewing machine for her 5th Birthday, Shay has become quite the crafter!! She made this bag and little pillow for a friend of hers. She has no problem sewing the straight lines after I mark them with pen. She is also really good at hand sewing the opening of the pillow closed as well as sewing on the two felt hearts either side of the pillow. I am really proud of her.


And look what I have....some new labels...for all my creations!!! 2000 of them!!! Not sure if I will need that many. Although yesterday I made three things....that means I need to make 1997 more things!!! I am well on the way!

8 comments:

Alice said...

Shay certainly is a very clever little girl, and very dedicated to her hobby. Her hand sewing is better than the work of many adults that I've seen. Keep it up, darling. Grandma is very proud of you, too.

By the way, don't take her back to Switzerland in the winter - those eyes would melt an iceberg!

Alice said...

Sorry, Shelle, I forgot to congratulate you on the wonderful start you have made in using up those 2000 labels. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of them around town.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Shay is very, very clever! Fantastic bag and pillow!
And congrats on making a start on using up those labels!

Claudia said...

Lovely things your daughter is making! Where did you get those labels???

Jellyhead said...

Gosh, only five and sewing already. Yay Shay!

(now I'm REALLY ashamed of my sewing inabilities!)

Jacqueline said...

Where do you get your labels from? They look good.

Anonymous said...

She's obviously taking after Mum! Wonderful work.

Your labels look great, did you use garmetlabels?

Kerri said...

That is one beautiful and clever little girl! She takes after her mum and grandma :) Have fun making your 2000 things!!