Tuesday, January 08, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Wishing you all a fabulous 2008.


Well I am back from a great holiday - a week camping at the coast with three other families. That consisted of 8 adults and 12 children....yes 20 people in total!! Actually it all ran pretty smoothly and the weather was great for most of the week however the seas were a bit rough!


Some bits and pieces.....and lessons learned!
*If you go into the ocean in your clothes to "rescue" a small child on their boogie board who is caught in a rip - you will lose your expensive sunglasses!! If you see a fish wearing Arnette sunnies - they belong to me!
*If you lift a gas lamp up and it touches a tarp - the tarp will melt!! ...not me!
*When pitching a tent - do it at sunrise to avoid the direct beam of hot sunlight that will wake you at 6.00 and have you gasping for air to get out of your tent not long after!
*Feed kids enough sausages, hot dogs and baked beans and on the 4th day they will all eat salad like you have never seen!
*I must remember that I was young once and listened to really crap music that pissed grown ups off!
*Mother Nature has deemed mothers to be more tolerant of other people's children than fathers are!!
*I am a fair weather camper (it poured one day)! I went and sat in the car to get warm. Marcel got in after a while and said "Let's drive home and leave everything"...i agreed "We can buy a new tent and make 3 more kids - let's go!!"
*My friends and their kids saw another side to me they had not seen! I had a few chances to practice my teacher voice...on the kids not the adults!
*If you teach me Poker and give me lots of chips to play with - I will act all dumb and unsure and still sweep the table!!
*Murphy's Law - when you pack up your tent etc a day early because of bad weather and predicted worse weather - the days after you have left will be glorious!! And the waves will be fabulous!!!
*When you arrive home after camping I always feel overwhelmed at the amount of stuff we have and how we lived quite happily with not much at all. I feel compelled to declutter!
Hoping you all have had lovely holidays and enjoyed time with friends and family. Happy 2008.
PS. Bought same pair of sunglasses and they were 50% off!! Tell the fish he can keep 'em.


6 comments:

Alice said...

Ooh, goody, 3 more grandchildren. No? Oh, you disappoint me. Glad the fish took your sunnies now!

Stomper Girl said...

Happy New year, poker shark!

In transit said...

Glad the tent is getting a good work-out!
Happy New Year!

Kerri said...

learning lessons while having fun. Now that's a fine concept. Just think of how long you'd have to wait and the length of time entailed to get three more children!! Better not give up those little rugrats...or at least give them to Grandma and Grandpa for safe keeping :)
Glad you had such a good time, in spite of the weather.
Happy 2008. I wish you a year filled with much joy and rich blessings.

Anonymous said...

Stay home or in a nice hotel - that's the lesson that I heard!

lazy cow said...

I don't know about fathers being more tolerant of other people's children; I'm pretty intolerant of them myself! Congratulations on surviving - and enjoying - a holiday with other families!