Friday, September 03, 2010

Thoughts on Friday

*Remember that tooth that was going to fall out last week? Well it did. My son presented it to me that afternoon safely wrapped in an envelope. Somehow the tooth fairy (me) - lost the tooth in the envelope somewhere between school and home!!!

*Book Week this week at school. We dusted off the blue wigs and found red clothes and made new signs for the girls to adorn their tops. They went as Thing 1 and Thing 2 last year - but New School this year.

* Luca loves the Cat in the Hat books so this was a good choice for him. I made the hat out of scraps and he found the clothes and ribbon.


* I have been doing some sewing this week too.

*I went to the hairdresser and asked to go dark! This is pretty dark! The kids were shocked and I am a little too! Still a change is as good as a holiday so why not. The hairdresser was not very comfortable cutting it "short" - I had to say about 3 times "Can you cut it shorter please?" - I still would have liked it shorter. Think I will find myself a hot looking barber!!

* Feeling pretty happy that the lunch I made was so huge it will feed the family for dinner!

*Am working fulltime for the next 2 weeks. Same year level as the last contract - but oh what a different class. Am looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

Oh you tease, with that tiny show of the new brunette! Your bookweek costumes look fab though

In transit said...

oh wow! That is dark! Did they have to do your eyebrows too?
Costumes are fab (again!)

Alice said...

Looks like you and I are going to do a swap - you go dark and I'm going silver-blonde (slowly and not by choice)!

diane b said...

I love the costumes especially the hat. At which school are you working?