Friday, November 10, 2006

School Holidays!!

Imagine as a kid being able to say "Yay, I have just over 3 months Summer holidays". Remember how long 6 weeks used to last! Well I officially had my last exam today and am now on School Holidays for 3 MONTHS!!! Thank God. I am so looking forward to doing all the things that my studies have stopped me doing this year. Being a really nice Mum might be a top priority!! I even stopped at the shops on the way home from my exam to buy the kids their favourite food -prawns!! They will go nicely with the bottle of bubbly I intend on opening, even if I am the only one over 18 in the house tonight.

Tomorrow it will be the mad clean of the house in prep. for the in-laws. Though it wont be too spotless. I always say to the guests who are staying more than two nights "The house isn't spotless as I couldn't keep it up for your entire stay so there is no point. Oh and this is where the vacumn cleaner and cleaning products are kept!!"

It is after 6pm so I think I will get dinner and pop that bottle - "Here's to another year of study - finished. CHEERS!"

8 comments:

lazy cow said...

Congratulations! Another year of study down certainly deserves a celebration. And I know exactly what you mean about the in-laws. Mine are coming to stay for one night in a fortnight's time and I have a two week schedule for cleaning (which will end up being a frenzied midnight clean the night before).Enjoy your break.

In transit said...

Yay for you! Sooo jealous. Of course after tomorrow, I will also have finished, however, I have to get up at 3AM.... 3AM! to do my exam online. blah. I don't mind getting up at that hour, I just can't expect to be intelligent at that hour!
Hope you enjoyed your bubbly
x

Tanya said...

So, do you want to come up here and work for three months and I can take that holiday???

Alice said...

You might want to take Tanya up on her offer sometime in the next couple of months .... lol.

Enjoy your break - you've certainly earned it.

Jellyhead said...

Woo hoooooo! Good on you! I'm sure it must be a real juggle, to study and parent and manage a household the way you do - but you will reap the rewards in time. And for now, you get a break from the study - hooray!

nutmeg said...

That's a good break I must say. But the in-laws arriving soon after it starts?

The best guest is always the one that shows the most initiative in the cleaning and cooking departments :-)

Bec said...

Well done! What an achievement - and what a feeling!

Now you can just sti back and watch the rabbits multiply, right?

Kerri said...

Yay! I'm sure you've studied hard and really deserve this break.
And you're eating prawns and drinking bubbly! Mouth watering....
Have a wonderful break!